Thursday, January 19, 2012

Update on Implant Problems in Europe!

Dear Dr. Kavali, I've recently heard from a good friend that the French want to remove all silicone implants from patients who had breast augmentations there. I also heard the same thing is happening in the UK. I have Silicone implants myself and this concerns me for obvious reasons. Am I safe? Do I need to have my silicone implants removed immediately?


Not to worry! This problem belongs overseas, not here in the states. A French breast implant manufacturer named Poly Implant Prothèse supplied silicone implants to patients all over Europe. It’s recently reported that about 1,000 of the women who have undergone breast augmentation with these implants have experienced rupturing (out of 30,000 patients). A major concern is how the body will react to the industrial grade silicone, and most have reported burning, soreness, and pain. This prompted French officials to recommend that women with these implants have them removed as soon as possible. Again, for women who had their breast augmentation procedures done by us in our Atlanta plastic surgery office, it’s not a problem. We buy French Fries and French wine but we don’t buy French breast implants!

Thanks for asking!

To your health & beauty,

No comments:

Post a Comment